January 14 is Organise Your Home Day, 2023, and that’s where we at easyStorage really can help!
We’ve not only got years of experience in making the best of space, we’ve also familiarised ourselves with some of the most successful organisers:
So here are a few tips to help:
1. It’s just one day, so don’t be tempted to overcommit – be realistic and focus on one thing or one area.
2. Whilst this is a great day to commit to an organised home, it’s an ongoing process, especially if there is a growing, changing family to consider. Rather than try to take on the whole thing in one day, why not make this the day that you commit to organisation, make a plan, and start the process?
3. What changes would you like to see in your home? How doesn’t it fit with your current needs? What can be done easily toward making changes happen? This may be a great place to start.
4. Watch the easyStorage blog lifestyle ‘Decluttering channel’ for tips on organising and on packing things up safely.
5. Start with one thing – maybe a child’s room or the wardrobes.
6. Get started – one thing to make a difference! Don’t procrastinate – one tidy cupboard, one organised chest of drawers making it easier to find things is a win and will motivate you to do more later.
7. Focus on what the benefits will be rather than the work involved to help motivate yourself:
· decluttered surfaces will be easier to clean and keep tidy;
· less is more: rather than seeing lots of things on show, being able to focus on the beauty of one piece will probably bring you more joy – you can always rotate;
· you may be able to sell unwanted good quality items (watch this blog for a forthcoming series on selling online). Good for your pocket as well as your home.
8. Every family is different, and some family members (or house sharers) may prove more hindrance than help. Involve them if you can – they will respect your work more if they know what’s been involved and have put in their own work. If it works for you, you can always say that if they don’t help, your decisions will be final! Make it fun, schedule in a pizza break, crank up the music, have competitive clearouts….whatever works for you and yours..
9. Celebrate what you get done, rather than dwelling on what hasn’t been done.
10. Remember that easyStorage is here for your storage needs: call 0800 061 8876 for a no obligation idea of what we can do to help. It will almost certainly be easier and cheaper than you think!
Speak with one of our storage consultants for best advice about your storage needsCall us today
Book your storage online in a few clicks. We've made that easy too! (10% discount)Book online
Our storage packages have the added benefit of free removal of your items, saving you up to £1,000. All you need to do is pack your items (or we can pack for you, supplying boxes and packing material) and we’ll pick-up your items and store them in our safe and secure easyStorage facility. Then when you are ready, we’ll deliver them wherever you need us to. You just need to give us two working days’ notice. Perfect if you are moving house, running out of space, or just need somewhere to store your stuff.
Our storage plans provide you with a cost-effective alternative to renting your own lock-up storage space as we’ll only charge you for the storage space you need, making it cheaper for you.