Studies have long since shown that a high ratio of nursing staff leads to better outcomes for patients.
Since COVID reared its ugly head, Britain has become even more aware of the incredible work that health care professionals do. They have faced the illness daily, working with patients and seeing their colleagues suffer, and even die. Despite initial problems with protective gear, and the danger to themselves, nurses were amongst the many who carried on bravely in face of a pandemic that no-one really had a grasp of to begin with – and many even returned to nursing to help.
Nurses - all 669.6 thousand of them in the UK (2020 figure) - face the same risks as everyone else, but with amplified challenges, and a good deal of adverse prejudice as they have been at high risk of contracting COVID.
At easyStorage, we already offer a £50 discount on self-storage through the Blue Light Community (representing 31 groups of front/line workers who keep us safe including nurses). Alternatively, NHS workers are entitled to a £50 discount directly on storage booked through easyStorage (https://www.easystorage.com/nhs). We know these are small gestures, but it's one way to say thank you.
So, what else, we asked ourselves, can we do to support nurses this Nursing Day?
1. If you know a nurse, thank them personally or take them a gift, but bear in mind that COVID hasn’t gone away. Whilst you may well be testing negative or inoculated, the things we tough may still carry COVID – and we can still pass it on.
2. The Royal College of Nursing suggests supporting nursing staff by texting 10NURSESDAY to 70085 to donate £10, or 5NURSESDAY to 70085 to donate £5.
3. Keep an eye out for the #NursesDay hashtag on social media, and add positive messages.
4. For Nurses Day, the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) will be sharing videos and messages from supporters across the UK, to recognise the value of nursing staff. They have asked for people to get involved and look out for Nurses’ Day videos and share on social media accounts. Recognising their sacrifice and care enough to thank them could help an exhausted nurse with the strength to face another shift.
5. Encourage young people to consider careers in nursing.
On behalf of all at easyStorage, we’d like to say a massive thank you to nurses.
Speak with one of our storage consultants for best advice about your storage needsCall us today
Book your storage online in a few clicks. We've made that easy too! (10% discount)Book online
Our storage packages have the added benefit of free removal of your items, saving you up to £1,000. All you need to do is pack your items (or we can pack for you, supplying boxes and packing material) and we’ll pick-up your items and store them in our safe and secure easyStorage facility. Then when you are ready, we’ll deliver them wherever you need us to. You just need to give us two working days’ notice. Perfect if you are moving house, running out of space, or just need somewhere to store your stuff.
Our storage plans provide you with a cost-effective alternative to renting your own lock-up storage space as we’ll only charge you for the storage space you need, making it cheaper for you.