You live in a small space, and along comes another small person. Our tiny little additions to the family bring with them heaps of ‘stuff’, from special baby furniture to toys, from toiletries to toileting requisites. Even the tidiest, largest of spaces can’t help but be affected by the new addition.
So here are ten tips to help get on top of this:
2. Start changing your furniture for double purpose furniture – furniture with built in storage.
3. Organise baby’s room to make best use of that space with a view to confining baby things there as much as possible.
4. However, accept that baby won’t be confined to their own room, and plan accordingly.
5. Rotate things according to the time of year and baby’s needs, as well as your own. An excess number of toys is more confusing and some toys won’t be used: rotating them gives baby fresh toys on a regular basis, and the very act of packing them up to store means you’ll be aware of outgrown toys.
6. Plan for a regular declutter - say every three months - to stay on top of everything, not just baby things, but your things as well to keep your space clear.
7. As far as possible, keep baby things in the room/space where you will use them – for example toiletries in the bathroom. Not only will this make life easier for you, you will immediately spot any duplicates.
8. Tidy everything away when baby goes down for the night – even if you are ‘on your last legs’. If you leave it, the job will become bigger, and if you are a couple, having baby’s things put away will give you a little bit of time together as individual adults.
9. Prepare for change. As baby grows, their needs will change. If one type of organisation doesn’t work so well for you, change it and try something else – and accept that this too may fail (or needs change). Don’t feel pressured into having a magazine style show home. Find what’s right for YOUR family,
10. Remember that self-storage is an option for creating more space, and that easyStorage offers the advantage of not only being around half the price of traditional self storage, but also collects and delivers back belongings to your home.
Speak with one of our storage consultants for best advice about your storage needsCall us today
Book your storage online in a few clicks. We've made that easy too! (10% discount)Book online
Our storage packages have the added benefit of free removal of your items, saving you up to £1,000. All you need to do is pack your items (or we can pack for you, supplying boxes and packing material) and we’ll pick-up your items and store them in our safe and secure easyStorage facility. Then when you are ready, we’ll deliver them wherever you need us to. You just need to give us two working days’ notice. Perfect if you are moving house, running out of space, or just need somewhere to store your stuff.
Our storage plans provide you with a cost-effective alternative to renting your own lock-up storage space as we’ll only charge you for the storage space you need, making it cheaper for you.