It’s August, and for those lifestyle storers organising what should go in – and come out – of storage this month, here’s a few prompts.
It may be that you don’t need to swap things around this month. These are simply some prompts to help keep you on top of the storage unit as an extension to your home, minimising visits, and maximising benefit.
August is a quiet month, and in the height of summer, our view is that you should either be chilling and taking stock of life, or catching up with overdue tasks while it’s quiet.
Five short prompts, then:
1. If you didn’t get your July tasks completed, maybe now’s the time to think about it.
2. Think about making next years’ holidays easier.
3. Have you already bought Christmas gifts in the sales? Make a note of what you have, and pop them away for safekeeping. Or maybe have a good old sort of those decorations, donate the ones you don't want and properly protect the ones you do!
4. Planning for September:
· Children go back to school next month, some sooner. If you take uniforms etc out of storage this month, you have time to make sure they’re aired and pressed to avoid being up to midnight on the eve they go back to school. (You can check return to school dates here - https://www.gov.uk/school-term-holiday-dates. It’s for England but there are links to both Scotland and Ireland.)
· Universities go back next month – do you need to take things out of storage to be ready? (If it’s first term, you may even be wanting to get the purchasing over with and into storage soonest, taking it all out closer to term time.)
· What sports will start back up for you and your family in September? Do you need to take sports kit out to have it ready?
5. While you’re lying on a sun lounger, iced drink in hand or huddled from the rain inside (who knows with the great British weather?), now’s also a great time to do some diary planning for the next few months as well:
· Do you have a boat or yacht to take out of the water? If so, make a note of the date it comes out of the water.
· Will you be winterising a caravan? What dates will you be looking to go visit to shut it down for winter?
· Are you certain of school term dates? Will you need to buy new school shoes or uniforms?
It’s August, and you should enjoy life – lifestyle storage is here to help, not to create more work. So we’re not saying the C (Christmas) word yet even though we know that some of our super-organised storers are already making their plans.
What better way to plan ahead than relaxing in the summer sun, not lifting a finger!
Speak with one of our storage consultants for best advice about your storage needsCall us today
Book your storage online in a few clicks. We've made that easy too! (10% discount)Book online
Our storage packages have the added benefit of free removal of your items, saving you up to £1,000. All you need to do is pack your items (or we can pack for you, supplying boxes and packing material) and we’ll pick-up your items and store them in our safe and secure easyStorage facility. Then when you are ready, we’ll deliver them wherever you need us to. You just need to give us two working days’ notice. Perfect if you are moving house, running out of space, or just need somewhere to store your stuff.
Our storage plans provide you with a cost-effective alternative to renting your own lock-up storage space as we’ll only charge you for the storage space you need, making it cheaper for you.